- Wednesday, 17 January 2007
- Last Updated on Sunday, 25 March 2012
A VERY SPECIAL INVITATION TO YOU FOR:
Sri Gaura-mandala Parikrama 2007
February 25 March 3, 2007
Address of our new Matha in Navadvipa:
Sri Kesavaji Gaudiya Matha, M. Kolerdanga Road (near the Ganga Bridge), Navadvipa, W.B.
Phone: +91-3472.244.090. (Temple) +91-9333.222.775 (Harijana Maharaja)
This year Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Gosvami Maharaja is personally inviting and arranging for all the devotees to observe Sri Navadvipa-mandala Parikrama in the holy land of Sri Mayapura-dhama.
From the 26th of February to the 3rd of March, after taking vows at Panchaveni on the 25th of February, we will go by foot and visit the nine islands of Sri Navadvipa-mandala. There will be darsana of many places, kirtanas and delicious maha-prasadam, and this grand festival will conclude on the holy appearance day of Sri Gaurasundara (3rd of March) on our new land in Navadvipa (see address above).
Srila Maharajas desire to build a beautiful Mandira at the lake with a big prasadam hall, kirtana hall, beautiful gardens and a guesthouse to facilitate many visitors is gradually manifesting and all will be amazed to see how beautiful it already is.
Because construction is still going on, a traditional Bengali-style tent camp will be set up made of bamboo, canvas, straw mats and a strong foundation, including outdoor toilets and showers. This will give us a unique opportunity to experience how Navadvipa Parikrama was performed in earlier times, and this beautiful simplicity will remind us all the more of the special mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. You are most welcome to bring your own tent and mosquito net. If you prefer more facilities, there are also hotel rooms and rooms available in the houses of some of the local residents.
We cordially invite everyone to come and join this wonderful festival. A minimum contribution of Indian Rs. 1,500 or US $30 is requested in order to cover the most basic expenses of the festival.
Because of the construction and the preparations for the parikrama, the facilities on our grounds will be available from 25th February onwards only and we kindly request your cooperation. However, if you decide to arrive in Navadvipa dham before this date, we kindly ask you to make your own arrangements for accommodation and prasadam.
Please visit the Gour Purnima 2007 Festival web page for more details about travel to the dham and what to bring.
By Taxi: From Calcutta airport you can take a taxi to Navadvipa for about Rs. 1,600.
By Train: From the Howrah train station in Calcutta (platforms 1 through 5), you can catch a train to Navadvipa for about Rs. 60. Our Sri Matha is about 10 minutes away from the Navadvipa train station, which should cost you no more than Rs. 10 by rickshaw.
Sri Gaura-dhama Parikrama and Janmotsava
Sunday, 25 February 2007
Arrival in Navadvipa-dhama and Adhivasa Festival of Sri Navadvipa-dhama Parikrama (Beginning of annual seven-day festival). Taking our sankalpa vow at the Ganga.
Monday, 26 February 2007
(1) Sri Antardvipa (atmanivedanakhya) Sri Gaura Janmabhita in Sridhama Mayapura, Srivasa Angan, Sri Advaita Bhavan, Sri Caitanya Matha (Sri Candrasekhar Bhavan), Samadhi Mardha of Jagad-guru Srila Prabhupada, Sridhara Angan, Sri Murari Gupta pata and Chand Kazis samadhi.
Tuesday, 27 February 2007
Fasting for Sri Ekadasi
(2) Sri Rudradvipa (sakhyakhya) Rudrapada, Sankapura, Idrakapura and Gangeradariga.
(3) Sri Simantadvipa (sravanakhya) Simuliya, Saradanga, Meghara Cada, Belapukura, Samadhi darsana of Srila Jagannatha dasa Babaji Maharaja in the town of Navadvipa, Paudamatala (Praudha-maya-sthana).
Wednesday, 28 February 2007
Break fast for Ekadasi after sunrise until 9.53 am.
(4) Sri Godrumadvipa (kirtanakhya) Savarupaganja, Gadigacha, Surabhi-kunja, Svananda-sukhada-kunja (samadhi and bhajan kutir of saptan Gosvami Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura), Suvarna-vihara, Harihara-ksetra and Narasimha Palli. Prasadam and rest.
(5) On the way back: Sri Madhyadvipa (smaranakhya), Majida, Hatdanga, Anandavasa, Vamanapura and Hansvahana.
Thursday, 1 March 2007
(6) Sri Koladvipa (padasevanakhya) Gadakhalir Kola, Tegharira Kola, Koleramada, Kolera Ganga, Kolera Daha, Samudra Gadha and Campahati.
(7) Sri Ritudvipa (arcanakhya) Ratupura.
Friday, 2 March 2007
(8) Sri Jahnudvipa (vandanakhya) Jannagara (Jahnumimisthan) and Vidyanagara (Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya pata).
(9) Sri Modrumadvipa (dasyakhya) Mamagachi (Sri Vrindavana dasa Thakura pata). Noon prasadam and rest. On the way back Arkatila and Ekadala and Matapura (Panca-pandavera-ajnatvasa).
Saturday, 3 March 2007
Fasting for SRI GAURA-PURNIMA. Sri Gaura-jayanti and Sankirtana festival. Fasting till moonrise, then Ekadasi preparations only. Holi.
Sunday 4 March 2007
Break fast with grains for Sri Sri Gaura-jayanti after sunrise till 9:00 am. Festival of Sri Jagannatha Misra. Prasadam distribution and Vaisnava-homa yajna (Fire sacrifice and honoring the Vaisnavas). Departure.
NOTE: From Sunday 4 March onward a parikram to Sri Jagannath Puri dham will be organized under the supervision of Swami B.V. Vana Maharaja. For more information you can contact him at lmvana@yahoo. com