This year, Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Gosvami Maharaja is personally inviting and arranging for all devotees to observe Sri Navadvipa-mandala Parikrama in the holy land of Sri Navadvipa-dhama.
The festival will start on March 8th and end on March 15th. From March 9th – 13th we will go on a walking pilgrimage to the incomparably beautiful nine islands of Sri Navadvipa-mandala. There will be darsanas of the holy places of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s pastimes, ecstatic kirtanas, delicious maha-prasadam, and sweet Hari-katha that will melt your heart. On March 14th we will celebrate the divine appearance of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and on March 15th we will end the festival with a delicious prasadam feast arranged by Sri Jagannatha Misra and mother Sacidevi. The festival will be held on our new land in Navadvipa (see address above).
In pursuance of Srila Narayana Maharaja's desire, a beautiful Mandira is being built on the banks of the lake of our new property. The temple will include a large prasadam hall and kirtan hall, and there will be beautiful gardens and a guesthouse to facilitate many visitors. The construction has already been started and it is hoped that the basement and kirtana hall will be completed before the parikrama begins.
Like last year, we again will have the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of our guru-parampara in the mood of "simple living, high thinking." A traditional Bengali-style tent camp will be set up, made of indigenous materials with an extra-strong foundation. It will include outdoor (private) toilets and showers. This will give us a unique opportunity to experience Navadvipa Parikrama as it was performed in the early days, and we will thereby surely receive the special mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. You are most welcome to bring your own tent and mosquito net. If you prefer more facilities, there are hotel rooms in town or rooms for rent in the nearby homes of some of the local residents.
We cordially invite everyone to come and join this wonderful festival. A minimum contribution of Indian Rs.1.500 or US $35 or EU 30 is required.
Because of the festival preparation and construction, the facilities on our grounds will not be available until March 8th. Therefore, we kindly request that you not arrive earlier. If you decide come before this date, please make your own arrangements for accommodation and prasadam.
For more information please contact Brajanath dasa or Vrinda-devi dasi at or
Please visit the Gour Purnima 2006 Festival web page for more details about travel to the dham and what to bring.
From the Calcutta airport, taxis to Navadvipa range from Rs.1,200 to Rs. 1,400.
From the Howrah train station in Calcutta (platform 1 to 5), trains run to Navadvipa for about Rs. 60. Our Matha is 10 minutes, and Rs.10, away from the Navadvipa train station by rickshaw.
our expanded and revised guide.
Sri Gaura-dhama Parikrama and Janmotsava
Wednesday, 8 March 2006
Arrival in Navadvipa-dhama and Adhivasa Festival of Sri Navadvipa-dhama Parikrama (Festival that marks the beginning of the annual seven-day parikrama). Sankalpa (taking of vows) at the Ganga.
Thursday, 9 March 2006
(1) Sri Antardvipa (Atmanivedana) - Sri Gaura Janmabhita in Sridhama Mayapura, Srivasa Angan, Sri Advaita Bhavan, Sri Caitanya Matha (Sri Candrasekhar Bhavan), Samadhi Mardha of Jagad-guru Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Prabhupada, Sridhara Angan, Sri Murari Gupta pata, and Chand Kazi's Samadhi. Noon prasadam at Sri Yogapitha.
Friday, 10 March 2006
Fasting for Sri Ekadasi
(2) Sri Rudradvipa (Sakhya) - Rudrapada, Sankapura, Idrakapura and Gangeradariga.
(3) Sri Simantadvipa (Sravana) - Simuliya, Saradanga, Meghara Cada, Belapukura, Samadhi darsana of Srila Jagannatha dasa Babaji Maharaja in the town of Navadvipa, Paudamatala (Praudha-maya-sthana).
Saturday, 11 March 2006
Break fast for Ekadasi after sunrise before 9.48 am.
(4) Sri Godrumadvipa (Kirtana) - After touching the Ganga and offering obeisances to Sri Gaura-Yogapitha in Sridhama Mayapura, there will be a procession to Swarupaganja, Gadigacha, Surabhi-kunja, Svananda-sukhada-kunja, Suvarna-vihara, Harihara-ksetra and Narasimha Palli. Prasadam and rest.
(5) On the way back: Sri Madhyadvipa (Smarana), Majida, Hatdanga, Anandavasa, Vamanapura and Hansvahana.
Sunday, 12 March 2006
(6) Sri Koladvipa (Padasevana) - Gadakhalir Kola, Tegharira Kola, Koleramada, Kolera Ganga, Kolera Daha, Samudra Gadha and Campahati.
(7) Sri Ritudvipa (Arcana) - Ratupura.
Monday, 13 March 2006
(8) Sri Jahnudvipa (Vandana) - Jannagara (Jahnumimisthan) and Vidyanagara (Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya pata).
(9) Sri Modrumadvipa (Dasya) - Mamagachi (Sri Vrindavana dasa Thakura pata). Noon prasadam and rest. On the way back - Arkatila and Ekadala and Matapura (Panca-pandavera-ajnatvasa).
Tuesday, 14 March 2006
Fasting for SRI GAURA-PURNIMA. Sri Gaura-jayanti and sankirtana festival. Fasting till moonrise, then Ekadasi preparations only. Holi.
Wednesday 15 March 2006
Break fast for Sri Sri Gaura-jayanti after sunrise till 9:00 am. Prasadam distribution. Festival of Sri Jagannatha Misra.
Saturday, 17 March 2006
Opening of Sri Vaman Gosvami Gaudiya Matha, Kolkata
Address: 39, R.N. Chatterjee St. Maniktala, Kolkata - 9
Phone: 033-2351.0369 / 94.3320.3718 (Govinda Maharaja)