- Saturday, 18 April 2009
- Last Updated on Saturday, 18 April 2009
Title: Groundbreaking Bhakti Youth Workshops in Houston!!!
Due to significant positive feedback, we are pleased to announce a two day workshop inviting bhakti youth / young adults to come together and find out what skills we have, what we love to do and discover how to make that information profitable and useful in spreading the message of Krsna Consciousness.
Our godsister, Jayasri dasi is the Director of Educational Resources at the corporate headquarters of the largest transportation system in the world, NYC Transit. She has spent the last 20 years helping young adults evaluate their values, skills and interests in order to market themselves successfully and get the most out of every opportunity.
- Bhakti Youth / Young Adults Ages 18 - 35: We are coming into the age of responsibility where we need to work in order to live, travel and make our way in the world. This workshop will ease the transition by helping us identify the marketable skills we have and how to present ourselves with confidence and professionalism.
· All Second Generation Devotees: As people growing up in the West with a Vedic lifestyle, we find ourselves caught between two worlds. We constantly face the challenges of navigating successfully within the outside world and maintaining and distributing our wealth of bhakti. This workshop will help us to meet these challenges so that we can make substantial and rewarding impacts.
- Brahmacaris/ Brahmacarinis: This workshop will help you to synchronize seemingly non-bhakti related skills you posses with spreading the message of Sriman Mahaprabhu in new and creative ways.
- College Students: Identifying your interests and career goals will help you to choose a major and classes that will practically enhance your education. This workshop will also give you tips on landing relevant internships by teaching you how to build competitive resumes and cover letters.
The ‘Discover Your Niche' workshop will be held on:
Monday, May 25th 2009 (Memorial Day)
Time: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm CST*
The ‘Market Yourself Successfully' workshop will be on:
Tuesday, May 26
Time: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm CST*
*Festival premises at Durgabari Temple Complex.
In preparation for this workshop, we request that you answer the following questions so that the workshop can be tailored to meet your specific needs.
· Please send me your resume so that we can get an idea of everyone's background and interests. The resume does not have to be formal or fancy. If you don't have a resume, you can just send a word document of any experience and professional or non-professional interests (Personal Profile). Please have your contact information at the top. These submissions will also serve as registration for the workshop.
· It would be helpful to answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to attend this workshop?
- What do you hope to do with the information from the class?
- What are some obstacles that you currently face in achieving your professional goals and ideas?
- What information would be helpful in order for you to overcome these obstacles and/or add to your career development?
Resumes/ Personal Profiles may be submitted after April 28th for registration.
Please send this note to other people who will be attending the Houston festival.
Only with the mercy of Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga,
Jayasri dasi (NJ)
Madana Mohini dasi (NY)