ALL GLORIES TO SRI SRI GURU & GAURANGA
Sri Vraja-mandala Parikrama 2012
will be performed by the causeless mercy of
nitya-lila om visnupada astottara sata
Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Gosvami Maharaja
Sri Keshavaji Gaudiya Matha, Mathura, Tel: 0565-2502334
Sri Gopinatha Bhavan, Tel: 096.3456.3739
Sri Rupa Sanatana Gaudiya Matha, Vrindavana, Tel: 0565-2443270
Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, Govardhana, Tel: 09760628646
Dear Devotees and Friends,
Every year, om visnupada Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Gosvami Maharaja personally invited all of us to attend Sri Vraja-mandala parikrama in the holy land of Sri Vrindavana-dhama.
Srila Gurudeva's heart's desire and great pleasure is that during Sri Vraja-mandala and Sri Navadvipa-dhama parikrama devotees from all over the world come together as a loving family and become immersed in sweet hari-katha, remembering the pastimes of Sri Sri Radha Krsna and Sri Gaura Nityananda Prabhu.
This year, it will be the second Vraja-mandala parikrama to be conducted without the physical presence of Srila Gurudeva. During this month we will share many remembrances of his glories and of the hari-katha that continuously emanates from his lotus mouth. Please take this opportunity to be with us.
This year, the parikrama will be inaugurated on October 29th, with the devotees observing sankalpa, or a vow to ensure the success of our parikrama, at Kesi-ghata, Vrindavana. After this we will begin our Sri Vraja-mandala Parikrama, a pilgrimage to all the incomparably beautiful places in Vraja. As we wind our way through these transcendental places – on foot and sometimes by bus – we will participate in surcharged and compelling kirtanas that we will cherish forever, reverentially touch our head to the dust of the numerous places related to Sri Sri Radha-Krsna's pastimes, and hear hari-katha that will change our lives and strengthen our commitment to the path of pure bhakti. Our pilgrimage will be completed on November 28th.
On certain days throughout Kartika month, we will observe the divine appearance and disappearance days of our acaryas. These days will be celebrated with kirtana and hari-katha, given in both Hindi and English, and delicious maha-prasadam will be served.
On Wednesday November 14th we will celebrate Govardhana puja (worship of Govardhana Hill) and go-puja (worship of our mother cow). Following in Srila Gurudeva's footsteps, we will offer Giriraja Govardhana an abundance of delicious preparations for this year's Annakuta Maha Mahotsava, in an endeavor to please Sri Giriraja.
If you would like to bring your own ingredients to prepare an offering for Giriraja Govardhana, you are welcome to do so. If you are unsure about what you can offer, we suggest dried fruits, nuts, candies and other such items. Freshly cooked milk sweets may be easily purchased in Govardhana town. Donations are also very much welcome; you may forward them to BV Tirtha Maharaja.
From October 28 till the morning of November 12, all hari-katha, kirtanas and maha-prasadam will be held in Gopinatha Bhavan, Vrindavana, which is located on the parikrama marga (path) on the bank of Yamuna, next to Imli-tala, Seva Kunja. From November 12 till November 28 we will stay at Govardhana, at Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, which is near the bus stand on the road to Radha-kunda.
A minimum contribution per person of Indian Rs. 8,500, US $155, or Euro 125 is requested in order to cover the most basic expenses of the festival during this month. This payment covers prasadam, simple accommodation in the dharmasala and travel on the buses, as well as electricity and water; the sound system; a generator; the payment of various workers; cleaning costs and so forth.
This fee is a wonderful opportunity to facilitate a transcendental festival for the benefit of all devotees. Senior Vaisnavas and Vaisnavis will share the katha they have heard from Srila Gurudeva's lotus mouth and guide us on parikrama as he guided them. We are fortunate to be able to perform parikrama under their guidance.
Included within the festival fees:
We have arranged dharmasalas (simple lodgings for pilgrims) near Gopinatha Bhavan and Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha where there is facility to set up your sleeping mat and mosquito net in a room with other devotees. At the Matha at Govardhana there is also facility for tents.
For an extra cost:
Rooms are available for rent in other dharmasalas and in the houses of the local residents. The average charge is between 200 and 300 rupees per room per day, depending on the facility offered. For more details regarding rooms in Vrindavana and Govardhana, you can contact Akhilesh dasa, Vrinda-devi dasi.
There are hotel rooms at varying distances from the Matha in both Vrindavana and Govardhana that you can rent directly from the hotel managers. We have listed some hotels on our travel page.
To register for this festival, upon arrival in Vrindavana or Govardhana, submit a completed participation form and give your contribution (in rupees, dollars, or euros) to the devotees in charge at the registration table in the courtyard of Gopinatha Bhavan and in front of the temple building at Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha. There you will also find the devotees responsible for accommodating you inside or outside the temple complex.
The dharmasalas we are arranging for you in Vrindavana-dhama will be available from October 28th onwards. If you arrive before this date, you will need to make your own arrangements for accommodation and prasadam. We trust that all of you will cooperate with the festival seva team in this regard.
Please inform us by e-mail about the details of your participation before October 1st, especially if you are coming in a group. In this way we can arrange suitable accommodation.
For more details about traveling to the Dhama, how to maintain good health during your visit, and other practicalities, please visit our website page, Traveling to India.
Devotees are advised not to travel and arrive in Vrindavana during midnight hours; try to reach Vrindavana before 21:30pm or after 4:30 am.
Our festival committee exists of the following members:
The following devotees are responsible for correspondence, accommodation, registration, and taxi:
Akhilesh das (registration & accommodation)
Mobile: +91 98.3731.1910
Vrinda-devi dasi (correspondence and accommodation):
Mobile: +91 92.5909.0999
Mani-mati dasi (taxi)
Mobile: +91 99.2701.8532
"I worship that supreme abode known as Svetadvipa, where parama-purusa Brajendra-nandana Sri Krsna is the only kanta (lover); where His svarupabhuta braja-gopis, the embodiment of all Laksmi's, are the kantas (beloveds); where every tree and creeper is a transcendental kalpa-taru (desire tree); where the earth is cintamani (spiritual touchstone) and the water is amrta (nectar); where speech is like music and movements are like dance; where the vamsi is the priya sakhi; where the light is full of knowledge and bliss; where the supreme, transcendental objects are all tasty and delectable; where great divine oceans of milk always flow from the udders of uncountable numbers of surabhi cows; and where eternal, transcendental time is ever present – devoid of past and future – and where even half a moment therefore never enters the past. In this material world, only rare sadhus have darsana of this dhama as Goloka, and only those who are the objects of Gokulapati Sri Krsna's mercy can understand the nature of this dhama."
Sri Brahma-samhita (5.56)
Sri Vraja-mandala Parikrama 2012
Sri Keshavaji Gaudiya Matha, Mathura, Tel: 0565-2502334 / Sri Gopinatha Bhavan, Tel: 096.3456.3739, Sri Rupa Sanatana Gaudiya Matha, Vrindavana, Tel: 0565-2443270 / Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, Govardhana, Tel: 09760628646
- Oct. 27, Saturday Darsana of Sri Durvasa Rsi Gaudiya Asrama.
- Oct. 28, Sunday Hari-katha and prasadam in Vrindavana at Gopinatha Bhavana till morning of Nov. 12.
- Oct. 29, Monday (Vrindavana) Sri Sarad Purnima. Kartika-vrata begins. Sankalpa (vow) for the parikrama at Kesi-ghata in Vrindavana. Sri Srimad Bhakti Prajnana Keshava Gosvamī Maharaja disappearance festival.
- Oct. 30, Tuesday Kaliya-daha, Srila Prabhodananda Sarasvati's bhajana-kutira and samadhi, Srila Sanatana Gosvami's bhajana-kutira and samadhi, Sri Madana-mohana Temple, Dana-gali.
- Oct. 31, Wednesday Seva-kunja, Sri Radha-Damodara Temple, Imlitala, Sringara-vata, etc.
- Nov. 1, Thursday Baelvana.
- Nov. 2, Friday BY BUS (from Vrindavana) to Madhuvana, Talavan, Kumudvana, Bahulavana.
- Nov. 3, Saturday Nidhuvana, temples of Sri Radha-Ramana, Sri Radha-Gokulananda, Sri Radha-Gopinatha and Sri Radha-Syamasundara.
- Nov. 4, Sunday BY BUS (from Vrindavana) to Bhatrol, Akrura-ghata, breakfast prasadam at the place of the Yanja-patnis. Mana-sarovara, Mathavana, Bhadravana, Bhandiravana ((prasadam). Return to Vrindavana.
- Nov. 5, Monday Dhira-samira, Vamsi-vata, Gopesvara Mahadeva, Sri Govindadeva Temple.
- Nov. 6, Tuesday BY BUS (from Vrindavana) to Dauji, prasadam at Sri Dauji Gaudiya Matha. Brahmanda- ghata, Mahavana-Gokula, Raval, Lauhavana (Return to Vrindavana).
- Nov. 7, Wednesday Hari- katha and rest at Gopinatha Bhavana.
- Nov. 8, Thursday Pujyapada Srila Bhakti Raksaka Sridhara Maharaja's appearance festival. Hari-katha and rest.
- Nov. 9, Friday BY BUS (from Vrindavana) to Khelanvana, Rama-ghata, Viharavana, Cira-ghata (prasadam), Vatsavana, Garuda-Govinda. (Return to Vrindavana).
- Nov. 10, Saturday Ekadasi. Sri Vrindavana parikrama.
- Nov. 11, Sunday Hari- katha and rest at Gopinatha Bhavana.
- Nov. 12, Monday Departure from Vrindavana. BY BUS to Govardhana via Santanu Kund, Paitha and Candra-sarovara. Hari-katha and prasadam in Govardhana at Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha till afternoon of Nov. 28.
- Nov. 13, Tuesday Govardhana parikrama – Dana-ghati, Anyora, Govinda-kunda, Punchari, Surabhi-kunda (prasadam), Jatipura. (Offering ghee lamps in the evening.) Dipavali - festival of lights in the evening.
- Nov. 14, Wednesday Govardhana Puja, annakuta festival, worship of Govardhan Hill. Go Puja and Go Krida - worship and decorating cows.
- Nov. 15, Thursday Bhaijaduja (Yamaraja's blessings on brothers and sisters). Radha-kunda parikrama, Uddhava-kunda, Kusuma-sarovara etc. Prasadam at Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha.
- Nov. 16, Friday Srila Bhaktivedanta Vamana Maharaja's and Srila Bhaktivedanta Trivikrama Maharaja's disappearance festival. Hari-katha and rest.
- Nov. 17, Saturday Srila Bhaktivedanta Svami Maharaja's disappearance festival. Hari-katha.
- Nov. 18, Sunday Sri Hari-deva Temple, Brahma-kunda, Cakalesvara Mahadeva, Mukharavinda, Sri Sanatana Gosvami's bhajana-kutira, etc. Srila Bhaktisirupa Siddhanti Gosvami Maharaja's appearance festival.
- Nov. 19, Monday BY BUS to Kamyavana via Ghantholi, Gulal-kunda, Dig, Bhojana-thali (breakfast prasadam), Pichala-pahadi (slide-hill), Vyomasura's cave, temples of Govindaja, Vrinda-devi and Kamesvara Mahadeva, Vimala-kunda (lunch prasadam), Carana-pahadi. (Return to Govardhana.)
- Nov. 20, Tuesday Killola-kunda, Gvala-pokharā, Syama-talaiya, Ratna-vedi, Carana-cihna, Narada-kunda.
- Nov. 21, Wednesday Gopastami. BY BUS to Nandagrama via Prema-sarovara, Sanket, Nandakhirak (Nanda-baba's gosala), Uddhava-kyari, Lalita-kunda, Nanda-bhavana, Ter-kadamba, Asisesvar Mahadeva (prasadam), Pavana-sarovara, Chori Carana-pahadi. (Return to Govardhana.)
- Nov. 22, Thursday Hari-katha and rest at Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, Govardhana.
- Nov. 23, Friday BY BUS to Varsana. Sankiri Khora, Cikasauli, Gahvaravana parikrama, Vilasa-gharha, Mana-garha, Dana-garha, Mor-kuti (breakfast prasadam), Sriji Temple, Varsana. Pili-pokhara, Uchagaon (prasadam), Sakhigiri-parvata, Suryakunda. (Return to Govardhana.)
- Nov. 24, Saturday Ekadasi. Srila Gaura-kisora dasa Babaji Maharaja's disappearance. Bhisma-pancaka. Hari- katha and rest at Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, Govardhana.
- Nov. 25, Sunday BY BUS to Vrindavana. Yearly festival at Ananda-dhama with prasadam and nagara-sankirtana in the evening.
- Nov. 26, Monday BY BUS to Khadiravana, Kokilavana, Javata, Baithana, Carana-pahadi (prasadam). (Return to Govardhana.)
- Nov. 27, Tuesday Srila Bhakti Pramoda Puri Gosvami Maharaja's disappearance festival. Hari-katha and rest at Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, Govardhana.
- Nov. 28, Wednesday Vaisnava homa (honoring Vaisnavas). End of Kartika-vrata and Urja-vrata.
End of Sri Vraja Mandala Parīkrama
Sri Mathura Dham parikrama
- 20 Oct. Saturday Taking vow at Sri Visrama ghata for Mathura parikrama. Pipleswar Mahadev, Prayag ghat, house of Bangali Mataji, Mahavanijaji and Ramananda prabhu.
- 21Oct. Sunday Kamsa tila, Rangeswar Mahadeva, Krsnapuri, Kubja bhavan, house of Dhirendra Kumarji (advocate), Raju tent house and others.
- 22 Oct. Monday Dhruva tila, Saptarishi ashram, house of Jagadish prabhu, Maya Mataji, Dinesh advocate, Rekha, Dr. Rameshji, Gyan Candra and Vinod Medical.
- 23 Oct. Tuesday Dampiar North side: house of Dr. Saha, Panjavi pech, B.N. Goyal, Rupa kishor Bansal, Jawahar hat, Hira electronics and Sarad yasoda's house
- 24 Oct. Wednesday Tempels of Goutamji, Dirga visnu, Mathura devi, Ananta Padmanava, Adi Varaha deva, Sveta Varaha deva, Dvarakadish, Satgharha Gatashram tila, Satrugna Gopal. House of Ramesh Gupta
- .25 Oct. Thursday (Papankusa Ekadasi) Mathura mandala parikrama – Kankali devi, Krsna Balaram temple, Udhavaji's house, Bhutesvar Mahadeva, Adi Keshava, Birthplace of Krsna, Vandana Mataji.
- 26 Oct. Friday Visiting Dampier Nagar district. House of Rekhadi, Sunhari Lalaji, Govindaji, Punit, Uttam bartan bhandar, Srinivas prabhu.
- 27 Oct. Saturday House of Sethji (Candravali clothstore). Durvasa Rishi Gaudiya Matha.