"Immerse yourself in
All Glories To Sri Sri Guru & Gauranga
By the causeless mercy of Srila Gurudeva, Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Gosvami Maharaja, Sri Vraja-mandala Parikrama 2016 will be performed from 16th October till 14th November 2016.
Sri Vraja-mandala Parikrama was inaugurated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu Himself. Sri Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada re-established it in October 1932, and his dear most disciple Sri Srimad Bhakti Prajnana Kesava Goswami Maharaja sustained it in the decades that followed.
Our beloved spiritual master om visnupada Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Gosvami Maharaja has been guiding pilgrims on this parikrama since 1954, thus fulfilling the inner heart's desire of all acaryas in our line.
Srila Gurudeva's heart's desire and great pleasure is that during Sri Vraja-mandala and Sri Navadvipa-dhama parikrama devotees from all over the world come together as a loving family and become immersed in sweet hari-katha, remembering the pastimes of Sri Sri Radha Krsna and Sri Gaura Nityananda Prabhu.
Glories of Sri Vrndavana-dhama
“May my eyes become overwhelmed with ecstasy by seeing the nectar waves of Vrindavan’s beauty. May my intelligence drown in the nectar ocean of Vrindavan’s glories. May my body become agitated by the swiftly moving currents of ecstatic bliss and thus roll about on the ground of Vrindavan. Falling down like a stick, may I offer my respectful obeisances to all the residents of Vrindavan.
May the land of Sri Vrindavan where Subala and the other wonderful cowherd boys, who are all dear friends of Sri Krsna, play, where Lalita and the other splendidly beautiful young gopis, who are all filled with love for Srimati Radhika, enjoy transcendental bliss, and where Sri Sri Radha-Krsna thirst to enjoy wonderful transcendental amorous pastimes day and night, become manifest in my heart.”
Vrindavan is like the incomparable essence of the ocean of pure love of Krsna, or it is like the sweetest island-bracelet decorating that ocean of love. I pray this land of Vrindavan, which the great sages experience sweet as nectar, give me shelter until the moment I leave this body.
Today or tomorrow this worthless material body will leave me and all the material happiness connected with it will also leave. Because material happiness is temporary, it should be understood to be only a mirage of the real happiness. O my mind, please abandon this false happiness and enjoy the real, eternal happiness of devotional service within the land of Vrindavan.”
(Sri Vrindavan mahimamrita, Sataka 1, sloka 14,15, 17 and 24)
To register for this festival, upon arrival in Vrindavana or Govardhana, submit a completed Participation Form + a copy of the picture page of your passport, your visa page + a passport photograph and give your contribution (in rupees, dollars, or euros) to the devotees responsible at the registration table in the courtyard of Gopinatha Bhavan or in front of the temple building at Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, where you will find devotees responsible for accommodating you in rooms inside or outside the temple complex.
The dharmasalas we are arranging for you in Vrindavana-dhama will be available from October 14th onwards. If you arrive before this date, you will need to make your own arrangements for accommodation and prasadam. We trust that all of you will cooperate with the festival seva team in this regard.
Please inform us by e-mail about the details of your participation before September 15th, especially if you are coming in a group. In this way we can arrange suitable accommodation.
For more details about traveling to the Dhama, how to maintain good health during your visit, and other practicalities, please visit our website page, Traveling to India.
Devotees are advised not to travel and arrive in Vrindavana during midnight hours; try to reach Vrindavana before 21:30 pm or after 4:30 am.
A minimum contribution of Indian Rs.12.000, US $195, or Euros 148 per person is requested in order to cover the most basic expenses of the month long festival. This payment covers prasadam, simple accommodation in the dharmasala and bus travel, as well as electricity, water, the sound system, a generator, the payment of various workers, cleaning costs and so forth. This contribution is therefore a service, not just a payment, and it is genuinely needed.
Included within the festival fees:
We have arranged dharmasalas (simple lodgings for pilgrims) near Gopinatha Bhavan and Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, where there is facility to set up your sleeping mat and mosquito net in a hall or big room. At the Matha at Govardhana there is also facility for tents.
For an extra cost:
Rooms are available for rent in nearby guest houses and in the houses of the local residents. The average charge is about 350 rupees per room per day, depending on the facility offered. If you need a room, you should book it before October 1st.
There are hotel rooms at varying distances from the Matha in both Vrindavana and Govardhana that you can rent directly from the hotel managers. We have listed some hotels on our travel page.
Sriman Pradyumna Bababji Maharaja,
Sripad Bhaktivedanta Sridhara Maharaja and Sriman Radesh dasa
Overall Management :
Sriman Ramacandra dasa (+91-981.019.2540)
Sriman Dhira Krsna dasa (+91-945.682.8001, +91-963.498.3070)
Click this link to download Parikrama schedulepdf.
Sri Vraja-mandala Parikrama 2016
Sri Gopinatha Bhavan, Vrindavana, Tel: 96.3456.3739
Sri Rupa Sanatana Gaudiya Matha, Vrindavana, Tel: 0565-244.3270
Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, Govardhan, Tel: 0565-281.5668
- Oct. 14, Fri. Darsana of Sri Durvasa Rsi Gaudiya Asrama. Hari-katha and prasadam in Vrindavana at Gopinatha Bhavana till morning of 28 Oct.
- Oct. 15, Sat. Hari-katha and rest.
- Oct. 16, Sun. (Vrindavana) Sri Sarad Purnima. Kartika-vrata begins. Sankalpa (vow) for the parikrama at Kesi-ghata in Vrindavana. Sri Srimad Bhakti Prajnana Kesava Gosvami Maharaja disappearance festival.
- Oct. 17, Mon. Kaliya-daha, Srila Prabhodananda Sarasvati’s bhajana-kutira and samadhi, Srila Sanatana Gosvami’s bhajana-kutira and samadhi, Sri Madana-mohana Temple, Dana-gali.
- Oct. 18, Tue. Seva-kunja, Sri Radha-Damodara Temple, Imlitala, Srngara-vata, etc.
- Oct. 19, Wed. BY BUS (from Vrindavana) to Bhatrol, Akrura-ghata, the place of the Yanja-patnis. Mana-sarovara, Vamsivat, Mathavana, Bhadravana, Bhandiravana.
- Oct. 20, Thu. Nidhuvana, temples of Sri Radha-Ramana, Sri Radha-Gokulananda, Sri Radha-Gopinatha.
- Oct. 21, Fri. BY BUS (from Vrindavana) to Madhuvana, Talavan, Kumudvana.
- Oct. 22, Sat. Dhira-samira, Vamsi-vata, Gopesvara Mahadeva, Sri Govindadeva Temple.
- Oct. 23, Sun. BY BUS (from Vrindavana) to Dauji, Brahmanda-ghata, Mahavana-Gokula, Raval. (Return to Vrindavana).
- Oct. 24, Mon. Pujyapada Srila Bhakti Raksaka Sridhara Maharaja’s appearance festival. Sri Jharumandal, Sri Radha-Syamasundara.
- Oct. 25, Tue. BY BUS (from Vrindavana) to Khelanvana, Rama-ghata, Viharavana, Cira-ghata (prasadam), Vatsavana, Garuda-Govinda. (Return to Vrindavana).
- Oct. 26, Wed. Ekadasi. Sri Vrindavana parikrama.
- Oct. 27, Thu. Baelvana darshan.
- Oct. 28, Fri. Departure from Vrindavana. BY BUS to Govardhana via Bahulavana, Paitha and Candra-sarovara. Hari-katha and prasadam in Govardhana at Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha till Nov. 14.
- Oct. 29, Sat. Govardhana parikrama – Dana-ghati, Anyora, Govinda-kunda, Punchari, Surabhi-kunda (prasadam), Jatipura.
- Oct. 30, Sun. Sri Hari-deva Temple, Brahma-kunda, Cakalesvara Mahadeva, Mukharavinda, Sri Sanatana Gosvami’s bhajana-kutira, etc. Dipavali - festival of lights in the evening.
- Oct. 31, Mon. Govardhana Puja, annakuta festival, worship of Govardhan Hill. Go Puja and Go Krda - worship and decorating cows.
- Nov. 1, Tue. Bhaijaduja (Yamaraja’s blessings on brothers and sisters). Radha-kunda parikrama, Uddhava-kunda, Kusuma-sarovara etc. Prasadam at Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha.
- Nov. 2, We. Srila Bhaktivedanta Vamana Maharaja’s and Srila Bhaktivedanta Trivikrama Maharaja’s disappearance festival. Hari-katha and rest.
- Nov. 3, Thu. Srila Bhaktivedanta Svami Maharaja’s disappearance festival. Hari-katha.
- Nov. 4, Fri. Srila Bhakti Srirupa Siddhanti Gosvami Maharaja’s appearance festival.
- Nov. 5, Sat. Gulal kund.
- Nov. 6, Sun. BY BUS to Kamyavana via Dig, Bhojana-thali (breakfast prasadam), Pichala-pahadi (slide-hill), Vyomasura’s cave, Carana-pahadi, temples of Govindaji, Vrinda-devi and Kamesvara Mahadeva, Vimala-kunda (lunch prasadam), Kedarnath, Gulal-kunda, (Return to Govardhana.)
- Nov. 7, Mon. Killola-kunda, Gvala-pokhara (prasadam), Syama-talaiya, Ratna-vedi, Carana-cihna, Narada-kunda.
- Nov. 8, Tue Gopastami. BY BUS to Nandagrama via Ter-kadamba, Asisesvar Mahadeva, Choti Carana-pahadi, Pavana-sarovara, Nanda-bhavana, Lalita-kunda, Uddhava-kyari (prasadam), Nandakhirak (Nanda-baba’s goshala), Sanket, Prema-sarovara, (Return to Govardhana.)
- Nov. 9, Wed. Hari-katha and rest at Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, Govardhana.
- Nov. 10, Thu. BY BUS to Varsana. Sankiri Khora, Cikasauli, Gahvaravana parikrama, Vilasa-gharha, Mana-garha, Dana-garha, Mor-kuti (breakfast prasadam), Sriji Temple, Varsana. Pili-pokhara, Uchagaon (prasadam), Sakhigiri-parvata, Suryakunda. (Return to Govardhana.)
- Nov. 11, Fri. Ekadasi. Srila Gaura-kisora dasa Babaji Maharaja’s disappearance. Bhisma-pancaka. Hari-katha and rest at Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, Govardhana.
- Nov. 12, Sat. BY BUS to Vrindavana. Yearly festival at Ananda-dhama with prasadam and nagara-sankirtana in the evening.
- Nov. 13, Sun. Srila Bhakti Pramoda Puri Gosvami Maharaja’s disappearance festival. BY BUS to Khadiravana, Javata, Baithana, Carana-pahadi, Kokilavana, (prasadam), Santanu kund. (Return to Govardhana.)
- Nov. 14, Mon. Vaisnava homa (honoring Vaisnavas).
End of Kartika-vrata and Urja-vrata.
End of Sri Vraja Mandala Parikrama 2016