Sri Vraja-mandala Parikrama 2015
- Saturday, 20 August 2011
ALL GLORIES TO SRI SRI GURU & GAURANGA
Sri Vraja-mandala Parikrama 2011
will be performed by the causeless mercy of
nitya-lila om visnupada astottara sata
Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Gosvami Maharaja
Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, Govardhana,
Tel: 0565-281.5668 / 097.6062.8646
Sri Gopinatha Bhavan, Vrindavana,
Dear Devotees and Friends,
Every year, om visnupada Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Gosvami Maharaja personally invited all of us to attend Sri Vraja-mandala parikrama in the holy land of Sri Vrindavana-dhama.
Srila Gurudeva's heart's desire and great pleasure is that during Sri Vraja-mandala and Sri Navadvipa-dhama parikrama devotees from all over the world come together as a loving family and become immersed in sweet hari-katha and the pastimes of Sri Sri Radha Krsna and Sri Gaura Nityananda Prabhu.
This year, it will be the first Vraja-mandala parikrama to be conducted without the physical presence of Srila Gurudeva. During this month we will share many remembrances of his glories and of the hari-katha that emanated from his lotus mouth. Please take this opportunity to be with us.
This year, the parikrama will be inaugurated on October 11th, with the devotees observing sankalpa, or a vow to ensure the success of our parikrama, at Kesi-ghata, Vrindavana. After this we will begin our Sri Vraja-mandala Parikrama, a pilgrimage to all the incomparably beautiful places in Vraja. As we wind our way through these transcendental places – on foot and sometimes by bus – we will participate in surcharged and compelling kirtanas that we will cherish forever, reverentially touch our head to the dust of the numerous places related to Sri Sri Radha-Krsna's pastimes, and hear hari-katha that will change our lives and strengthen our commitment to the path of pure bhakti. Our pilgrimage will be completed on November 11.
On certain days throughout Kartika month, we will observe the divine appearance and disappearance days of our acaryas. These days will be celebrated with kirtana and hari-katha, given in both Hindi and English, and delicious maha-prasadam will be served.
On Thursday October 27th we will celebrate Govardhana puja – (worship of Govardhana Hill) and go-puja – (worship of our mother cow). Following in Srila Gurudeva's footsteps, we will offer Giriraja Govardhana an abundance of delicious preparations for this year's Annakuta Maha Mahotsava, in an endeavor to please Sri Giriraja.
If you would like to bring your own ingredients to prepare an offering for Giriraja Govardhana, you are welcome to do so. If you are unsure about what you can offer, we suggest dried fruits, nuts, candies and other such items. Freshly cooked milk sweets may be easily purchased in Govardhana town. Donations are also very much welcome.
From October 11 till the morning of October 24, all hari-katha, kirtanas and maha-prasadam will be held in Gopinatha Bhavan, Vrindavana, which is located on the parikrama marga (path) on the bank of Yamuna, next to Imli-tala, Seva Kunja. From October 24 till November 10 we will stay at Govardhana, at Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, which is near the bus stand on the road to Radha-kunda.
A minimum contribution per person of Indian Rs. 7,500, US $170, or Euro 125 is requested in order to cover the most basic expenses of the festival during this month. This payment covers prasadam, simple accommodation in the dharmasala and travel on the buses, as well as electricity and water; the sound system; a generator; the payment of various workers; cleaning costs and so forth.
This fee is a wonderful opportunity to facilitate a transcendental festival for the benefit of all devotees. Senior Vaisnavas and Vaisnavis will share the katha they have heard from Srila Gurudeva's lotus mouth and guide us on parikrama as he guided them. We are fortunate to be able to perform parikrama under their guidance.
Included within the festival fees:
We have arranged dharmasalas (simple lodgings for pilgrims) near Gopinatha Bhavan and Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha where there is facility to set up your sleeping mat and mosquito net in a room with other devotees. At the Matha at Govardhana there is also facility for tents.
For an extra cost:
Rooms are available for rent in other dharmasalas and in the houses of the local residents. The average charge is between 200 and 300 rupees per room per day, depending on the facility offered. For more details regarding rooms in Vrindavana and Govardhana, you can contact Akhilesh dasa, Vrinda-devi dasi or Mani-mati dasi.
There are hotel rooms at varying distances from the Matha in both Vrindavana and Govardhana that you can rent directly from the hotel managers. We have listed some hotels on our travel page.
To register for this festival, upon arrival in Vrindavana or Govardhana, submit a completed participation form and give your contribution (in rupees, dollars, or euros) to Akhilesh prabhu at the registration table in the courtyard of Gopinatha Bhavan and in Govardhana, at Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha in front of the temple building. There also you will find the devotees responsible for accommodating you inside or outside the temple complex.
The facilities we are arranging for you in Vrindavana-dhama will be available from October 10th onwards. If you arrive in before this date, you will need to make your own arrangements for accommodation and prasadam. We trust that all of you will cooperate with the festival seva team in this regard.
Please inform us by e-mail about the details of your participation before September 25th, especially if you are coming in a group. In this way we can arrange suitable accommodation.
For more details about traveling to the Dhama, how to maintain good health during your visit, and other practicalities, please visit our website page, Traveling to India.
Our festival committee exists of the following members:
For further information contact:
"When, by continually wandering through the land of Vrindavana, by loudly calling out in ecstasy, by dancing and singing impelled by feelings of transcendental love, by rolling about on the ground, the hairs of my body standing up in bliss, and by cutting the knots of material attachment and becoming expert in the transcendental nectar mellows of devotional service, will I become the crest jewel of all fortunate men?
"In Vrindavana the youthful divine couple, whose complexions are dark and fair, and who are two wonderful treasure-houses of beauty and other transcendental qualities, enjoy Their pastimes. In that Vrindavana all transcendental virtues are present to the highest degree. When, with sweet transcendental love, shall I properly worship that Vrindavana forest?
"In this beginningless world of repeated birth and death how many times have you not suffered in hell and how many times have you not relished pleasures that eclipse the happiness of Brahma, Indra, and the other demigods? My friend, in this one body do not consider happiness or distress, but simply worship the supreme transcendental abode, Sri Vrindavana."
(Srila Prabhodhananda Sarasvati's Sri Vrindavana-mahimamrita, Sataka 1, Text 24,25,26)
Sri Vraja-mandala Parikrama 2011
Sri Kesavaji Gaudiya Matha, Mathura, Tel: 0565-2502334 / Sri Gopinatha Bhavan, Tel: 9634563739
Sri Rupa Sanatana Gaudiya Matha, Vrindavana, Tel: 0565-2443270 / Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, Govardhana, Tel: 0565-2815668
- Oct. 9, Sunday Darsana of Sri Durvasa Rsi Gaudiya Asrama.
- Oct. 10, Monday Hari-katha and prasadam in Vrindavana at Gopinatha Bhavana till morning of Oct 24.
- Oct. 11, Tuesday (Vrindavana) Sri Sarad Purnima. Kartika-vrata begins. Sankalpa (vow) for the parikrama at Kesi-ghata in Vrindavana. Sri Srimad Bhakti Prajjnna Keshava Gosvamé Maharaja disappearance festival.
- Oct. 12, Wednesday Kaliya-daha, Srila Prabhodananda Sarasvati’s bhajana-kutira and samadhi, Srila Sanatana Gosvami’s bhajana-kutira and samadhi, Sri Madana-mohana Temple, Dana-gali.
- Oct. 13, Thursday Seva-kunja, Sri Radha-Damodara Temple, Imlitala, Sringara-vata, etc.
- Oct. 14, Friday Baelvana.
- Oct. 15, Saturday Nidhuvana, temples of Sri Radha-Ramana, Sri Radha-Gokulananda, Sri Radha-Gopinatha and Sri Radha-Syamasundara.
- Oct. 16, Sunday Hari-katha and rest in Vrindavana at Gopinatha Bhavana.
- Oct. 17, Monday BY BUS (from Vrindavana) to Madhuvana, Talavan, Kumudvana, Mana-sarovara, Mathavana, Bhadravana, Bhandiravana ((prasadam). Return to Vrindavana.
- Oct. 18, Tuesday Dhira-samira, Vamsi-vata, Gopesvara Mahadeva, Sri Govindadeva Temple.
- Oct. 19, Wednesday BY BUS (from Vrindavana) to Dauji, prasadam at Sri Dauji Gaudiya Matha. Brahmanda- ghata, Mahavana-Gokula, Raval, Lauhavana (Return to Vrindavana).
- Oct. 20, Thursday Bhatrol, Akrura-ghata, prasadam at the place of the Yanja-patnis.
- Oct. 21, Friday Pujyapada Srila Bhakti Raksaka Sridhara Maharaja’s appearance festival. Hari-katha and rest.
- Oct. 22, Saturday BY BUS (from Vrindavana) to Khelanvana, Rama-ghata, Viharavana, Cira-ghata (prasadam), Vatsavana, Garuda-Govinda. (Return to Vrindavana).
- Oct. 23, Sunday Ekadasi. Sri Vrindavana parikrama.
- Oct. 24, Monday Departure from Vrindavana. BY BUS to Govardhana via Bahulavana, Paitha and Candra-sarovara. Hari-katha and prasadam in Govardhana at Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha till afternoon of Nov. 10.
- Oct. 25, Tuesday Govardhana parikrama – Dana-ghati, Anyora, Govinda-kunda, Punchari, Surabhi-kunda (prasadam), Jatipura. Offering ghee lamps in the evening.
- Oct. 26, Wednesday Radha-kunda parikrama, Uddhava-kunda, Kusuma-sarovara etc. Prasadam at Sri Giridhari Gaudiya Matha. Dipavali - festival of lights in the evening.
- Oct. 27, Thursday Govardhana Puja, annakuta festival, worship of Govardhan Hill. Go Puja and Go Krida - worship and decorating cows.
- Oct. 28, Friday Bhaijaduja (Yamaraja’s blessings on brothers and sisters). Sri Hari-deva Temple, Brahma-kunda, Cakalesvara Mahadeva, Mukharavinda, Sri Sanatana Gosvami’s bhajana-kutira, etc.
- Oct. 29, Saturday Srila Bhaktivedanta Vamana Maharaja’s and Srila Bhaktivedanta Trivikrama Maharaja’s disappearance festival. Hari-katha and rest.
- Oct. 30, Sunday Srila Bhaktivedanta Svami Maharaja’s disappearance festival. Hari-katha.
- Oct. 31, Monday Killola-kunda, Gvala-pokharä (prasadam), Syama-talaiya, Ratna-vedi, Carana-cihna, Narada-kunda. Srila Bhakti Srirupa Siddhanti Gosvami Maharaja’s appearance festival.
- Nov. 1, Tuesday BY BUS to Kamyavana via Ghantholi, Gulal-kunda, Dig, Bhojana-thali (breakfast prasadam), Pichala-pahadi (slide-hill), Vyomasura’s cave, temples of Govindaja, Vrinda-devi and Kamesvara Mahadeva, Vimala-kunda (lunch prasadam), Carana-pahadi. (Return to Govardhana.)
- Nov. 2, Wednesday Syam Darha, Dohni kunda. Hari-katha and rest at Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, Govardhana.
- Nov. 3, Thursday Gopastami. BY BUS to Nandagrama via Prema-sarovara, Sanket, Nandakhirak (Nanda-baba’s gosala), Uddhava-kyari, Lalita-kunda, Nanda-bhavana, Ter-kadamba, Asisesvar Mahadeva (prasadam), Pavana-sarovara, Chori Carana-pahadi. (Return to Govardhana.)
- Nov. 4, Friday Hari-katha and rest at Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, Govardhana.
- Nov. 5, Saturday BY BUS to Varsana. Sankiri Khora, Cikasauli, Gahvaravana parikrama, Vilasa-gharha, Mana-garha, Dana-garha, Mor-kuti (breakfast prasadam), Sriji Temple, Varsana. Pili-pokhara, Uchagaon (prasadam), Sakhigiri-parvata, Suryakunda. (Return to Govardhana.)
- Nov. 6, Sunday Ekadasi. Srila Gaura-kisora dasa Babaji Maharaja’s disappearance. Bhisma-pancaka. Hari- katha and rest at Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, Govardhana.
- Nov. 7, Monday BY BUS to Vrindavana. Yearly festival at Ananda-dhama with prasadam and nagara-sankirtana in the evening.
- Nov. 8, Tuesday BY BUS to Khadiravana, Kokilavana, Javata, Baithana, Carana-pahadi (prasadam). (Return to Govardhana.)
- Nov. 9, Wednesday Srila Bhakti Pramoda Puri Gosvami Maharaja’s disappearance festival. Hari-katha and rest at Giridhari Gaudiya Matha, Govardhana.
- Nov. 10, Thursday Vaisnava homa (honoring Vaisnavas). End of Kartika-vrata and Urja-vrata.
End of Sri Vraja Mandala Parikrama